“To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.” – Anatole France
We all have a dream we want to fulfill. What is it for you? Is it something you have always been passionate about? Maybe there is something you want to contribute to the world or a goal you have always desired to accomplish. Whatever it is, when we pursue our dream we will feel more alive and fulfilled! Our life is better when we dare to dream! I am in the process of following my life long dream of touring in a band playing drums, and I happened to come across a perfect book for my circumstances. I recently finished the book Dream Year by Ben Arment and it offered some powerful inspiration that I want to share with you today in this video. Here are a few of the ideas discussed in the video.
- We have to be willing to dream. “There are only two options, the fear of failure and the fear of insignificance.”
- Define your dream. Uncovering the thread of passions, talents, experiences, and circumstances that runs through your life.
- When it comes to defining your dream is that there is both the “artist” and the “producer.” There is a difference between the practitioner of a craft and the person who is behind the scenes orchestrating things.
- Start executing your dream. Every dreamer is made up of two people – “ordinary you” and “CEO you.”
- Sustain your dream. Stick with it and don’t give up. Is your dream worth the fight? Imagine your dream fully realized, and ask yourself, “Is it worth the hardships.”
Let me know what you think about the video. Was it helpful? Would you like to see more videos?
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. – Walt Disney